Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DIY:Making any Jean Skirt into a Maternity Skirt (Easy Tutorial for any beginner sewer to rough!)


Yes, this is my favorite Skirt! But having done the silly rubber band trick for so long, I just decided to make this into a permanent Maternity Skirt :) Now remember that the material you insert needs to be stretchy...like knit or even an stretchy yet soft TShirt.



Start by laying your skirt down, waist towards you and round out the front piece my eyeballing half an oval as deep as the zipper.




Now put your Stretchy Fabric in place and even out with pins. Also Fold over the top twice to make a hem for a waistband.


Sewn in Place! After that is done, trim both the outside and inside for nice clean edges.


And there you have it! A Maternity Panel!




6 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this for my daughter! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I hope it turns out great for your daughter!
      Here are a couple of links to Maternity DIY projects you may like...
      By "Natty by Design"
      http://nattybydesign.com/2012/02/03/tutorial-diy-maternity-jeans/
      & by "A Beauiful Mess"
      http://abeautifulmess.com/2012/07/maternity-diy-make-a-belly-band.html
      Happy Sewing!

      Delete
  2. This is so smart! I need to do this to some of my clothes! Thanks for sharing and inviting me over from fidlersunderoneroof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by & for the encouragment! Also I put two links in my reply to the comment above yours to other DIY maternity clothes hacks I have found recently if you are interested! :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Harkens back to the very vintage maternity skirt patterns I saw on eBay. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete